Fullmetal Alchemist story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the FMAstory Maplestory private server

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Weirdo's Game Master Application

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Weirdo

Weirdo

Weirdo's Game Master Application Empty
PostSubject: Weirdo's Game Master Application   Weirdo's Game Master Application EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 8:25 pm

Name / In Game Name: Danny/Weirdo

Timezone:PDT – Pacific Daylight Time

Why you want to be a Game Master: I Like to be Game master because i believe i can change the server for example Supporting
It's really hard to start new in a server for many people. (Even tho you have a free MSI when you start) now here comes goes the Supporting.
If i was a GM i would say "Welcome to FMAstory i'm Glad you came to join us, do you need some tips on where to train as level __?" If someone did that to me, i will feel welcomed and i think everyone want's to feel that way too. I really like this server, (you can call me a no life) But i'm going to stay and play all day just to watch out for hackers. And the best thing to make the normal player happy is the events, I love events it's really fun and im sure everyone else thing so too. And i have different ideas too about events. And, i wish i can let it out so everyone can in joy it. that's the reason why i want to be a GM

How you can benefit the server as a Game Master compared to a normal player:
I think the benefit's of being a GM is "express." Normal players can help out too but for GM's it's faster to "Ban people, Have a Event, and even get popular" But how I can help out is to make people happy remind them saying "Hey i'm sure you have a lot of friends, ask them to join us." and more people will come, making a bigger community.

Extra skills you can provide: I don't have Java skills at all but i would be glad to learn it but, I have experience from other server and knowing why they have a lot of people and putting info to this server, just that i believe that's a amazing skill.

Prior experience as a Game Master (if any, please provide visible proof) : Yes i have and i have better than a picture i have a video
(youtube(dot)com/watch?v=-nmp9BFYS5I&feature=plcp) In the server BoredMS.

Any suggestions you have in mind for the server:
Yes i do, I think you should add a command (@buff) so we don't have to buff our self which take a long time and Event items to trade in for Rare Nx that would be fun. Truth and False gets boring sometimes well for a event i was thinking a game called "Guess the number" it goes like this
1) Left 0-4 Middle 5 Right 5+
2) i kill a monster and item's drop
3) the numbers of items drop means that person who is standing there stay
4) For example: I kill a snail, and it dropped 0 items and the person is standing on the left then he stay

Extra Info: My Name is Danny i'm Chinese i live in San Francisco going to Galileo High school, In high school i'm going to learn b-boy and learn Computer art. I'm the only kid and don't get mad/annoyed that easily but when i do it might mean i'm trying to scare you.

Thank you for reading my GM App and i hope you accept me.
PS: Sorry if i fail english Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
afreckle
Owner
afreckle

PostSubject: Re: Weirdo's Game Master Application   Weirdo's Game Master Application EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 5:06 am

Weirdo wrote:

Why you want to be a Game Master: I Like to be Game master because i believe i can change the server for example Supporting
It's really hard to start new in a server for many people. (Even tho you have a free MSI when you start) now here comes goes the Supporting.
If i was a GM i would say "Welcome to FMAstory i'm Glad you came to join us, do you need some tips on where to train as level __?" If someone did that to me, i will feel welcomed and i think everyone want's to feel that way too. I really like this server, (you can call me a no life) But i'm going to stay and play all day just to watch out for hackers. And the best thing to make the normal player happy is the events, I love events it's really fun and im sure everyone else thing so too. And i have different ideas too about events. And, i wish i can let it out so everyone can in joy it. that's the reason why i want to be a GM

your Supporting idea is nice, but any regular player can do that anyway. i did it as a regular player when i was on other servers and the GM's didn't do anything. here, i try to get to as many new players as possible (and i hope the other GM's do so as well) when i'm in-game. but i've changed the @online command to show the names of everyone online so that even regular players can welcome the new player. if you see any hackers online, you should contact a GM anyways since our timezones are a little different, there should be at least 1 in-game or in chat that you can talk to. you don't HAVE to be a Game Master to show your event ideas. as a regular player, you can suggest these kinds of ideas to the GM's and we can give you credit for the new type of event everytime we play it.

Weirdo wrote:
How you can benefit the server as a Game Master compared to a normal player:
I think the benefit's of being a GM is "express." Normal players can help out too but for GM's it's faster to "Ban people, Have a Event, and even get popular" But how I can help out is to make people happy remind them saying "Hey i'm sure you have a lot of friends, ask them to join us." and more people will come, making a bigger community.

even you said "Normal players can help out too". you have a point where it IS faster to do those actions, but we actually need to see you constantly trying to do these actions as a regular player in-game. when we establish that you know what to do and how to go about it, we can then move onto the next step of granting you access to more powers to make your actions more efficient. as i said in the previous response, normal players can talk to other regular players to 'remind them saying "Hey i'm sure you have a lot of friends, ask them to join us." '. you don't really have to be a GM just to do that.

Weirdo wrote:
Any suggestions you have in mind for the server:
Yes i do, I think you should add a command (@buff) so we don't have to buff our self which take a long time and Event items to trade in for Rare Nx that would be fun. Truth and False gets boring sometimes well for a event i was thinking a game called "Guess the number" it goes like this
4) For example: I kill a snail, and it dropped 0 items and the person is standing on the left then he stay

i already give players an MSI at the start, so extra buffs as a command would make things too easy. however, we'll discuss that idea thanks! Smile you can get slime erasers to trade with the Gachapon in Henesys for a chance to gain rare nx items that you can't get anywhere else. the event idea sounds like it could have potential, but it would be hard because i think the number of drops for a particular monster stays relatively constant. but thank you for that idea as well Razz

Weirdo wrote:
Extra Info: I'm the only kid and don't get mad/annoyed that easily but when i do it might mean i'm trying to scare you.

age doesn't matter when you're being a Game Master; only your behaviour. would a good GM try 'to scare' players when they get mad/annoyed?

Please wait for responses from other Game Masters so we can reach a uniform decision on this application.
Back to top Go down
http://fmastory.tk
xBrandonx
Game Moderator
xBrandonx

PostSubject: RE:Weirdo's Game Master Application   Weirdo's Game Master Application EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 7:37 am

i thought The GM app was Well put together. one thing i didnt get was

"Guess the number" it goes like this

i kind of didnt understand that event. But other than that it was a Good app.
I vote Accept this app
Back to top Go down
Beam
Game Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Weirdo's Game Master Application   Weirdo's Game Master Application EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 7:49 am

Quote :
Normal players can help out too but for GM's it's faster to "Ban people, Have a Event, and even get popular"
I do not really understand your point of GM's banning people faster, and getting popular. Please kindly elaborate more on, how becoming a GM makes the server more popular?
For events, I have seen players themselves organizing their own events, and giving out prizes they have collected on their own. This is also a useful thing to note, GM may not be able to host events everytime.

Also, I believe you have just applied for the position without experiencing much of the gameplay.

For your suggestions, they are mostly good.
The suggestion for @buff is invalid, because of two reasons.
1. There's already a Buff NPC at FM (Inkwell).
2. There is a command for players, but only after they have received a certain number of rebirths.

For the others, they are good, and we'll be looking on this to improve.

Overall, good application, but I will want to see more of you in game first, before you can become one of the Staff here.

Thanks.
Beam
Back to top Go down
clinecolin

PostSubject: Re: Weirdo's Game Master Application   Weirdo's Game Master Application EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:12 pm

Nice application, well though of, but a few comments to make. Being a GM isn't about being popular and such, it's about knowing the server, knowing the commands that could help others, acknowledging that you DO know what you're doing so others can put their trust in you as a GM. We do not need a @buff command since we already give you a MSI item to start with. Any normal players could sit there, say hi welcome to the server, blah blah blah. Also, the banning process doesn't matter if it takes 10min after you report or right away, you still need to post evidence as a GM. If the evidence is good enough to back up your ban, then ban them. Otherwise, we won't know if they were hacking/glitching. Other than that. Good job.
Back to top Go down
afreckle
Owner
afreckle

PostSubject: Re: Weirdo's Game Master Application   Weirdo's Game Master Application EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 3:46 am

we liked your application, so you're through to the final phase of GM selections.

Onwards to the next stage!
Back to top Go down
http://fmastory.tk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weirdo's Game Master Application   Weirdo's Game Master Application Empty

Back to top Go down

Weirdo's Game Master Application
Page 1 of 1