Fullmetal Alchemist story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the FMAstory Maplestory private server

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alex's Application of Non-Epic Proportions (Non final draft)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AlexNugget

AlexNugget

Alex's Application of Non-Epic Proportions (Non final draft) Empty
PostSubject: Alex's Application of Non-Epic Proportions (Non final draft)   Alex's Application of Non-Epic Proportions (Non final draft) EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 8:19 am

Name / In Game Name: Alex Ma

Timezone: GMT-06:00

Why you want to be a Game Master: Just for fun. I always wanted to be a GM, being in control of other player's actions and behaviors to engage them into a better gaming experience in FMAStory. Being a Game master requires a lot of dedication to a specific server and spending lots of time increasing the capabilities of this server to the maximum potential by learning off of other private servers and hopefully including what other servers don't, rendering us more playable and amusing to our players.

How you can benefit the server as a Game Master compared to a normal player: There's plenty of things that you can benefit on when it comes to my experience. Sure, I might be annoying and rude at times, but I can really start a conversation that can last for hours. Ask Colin. Also, if you guys tell em to do something, I'll make my attempt to try it, even if I'm walking into foreign lands. Being a normal player in FMAstory gives me competition to be better and more stronger than other players, but being a GM lets me observe other player's progression in game.

Extra skills you can provide: Friendly service and hopefully a bit of GFX when I feel like exploring in my Adobe CS6. I could possibly learn how to code and learn more about HTML and how websites and the internet works.

Prior experience as a Game Master (if any, please provide visible proof): I have never been a game master before, but getting experience always helps. I have played multiple private servers in my time, and also still currently playing GMS frequently.

Any suggestions you have in mind for the server: Ever since I've been playing on this server, I would get constant disconnections when I'm either in a map of crowded mobs, or just buffing myself in the FM. This constantly got annoying and almost led me to the point of quitting this server. Lag is a serious issue for me, but I doubt it for other players, most likely due to my generic internet and computers.

Extra Info: I'm going to become a sophomore in high school and I am involved in school a lot, killing most of my time. I have a passion for music, playing clarinet and cello for several years. I am currently learning more instruments such as saxophone and guitar. I hopefully want to become a double major in college (if I could, with lots of scholarships) in music and something in the gaming industry. I love tweaking computers, learning more about hardware and how to increase and upgrade computers to premium performance.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein

Last edited by AlexNugget on Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
afreckle
Owner
afreckle

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Application of Non-Epic Proportions (Non final draft)   Alex's Application of Non-Epic Proportions (Non final draft) EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 12:22 pm

Please edit your application after taking a look at the example Game Master application post Smile
Back to top Go down
http://fmastory.tk
AlexNugget

AlexNugget

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Application of Non-Epic Proportions (Non final draft)   Alex's Application of Non-Epic Proportions (Non final draft) EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 9:47 pm

lol, this was a rough draft. I was gonna make it more lengthy. tongue
Back to top Go down
afreckle
Owner
afreckle

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Application of Non-Epic Proportions (Non final draft)   Alex's Application of Non-Epic Proportions (Non final draft) EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 4:41 am

AlexNugget wrote:
[color=blue]
[b]Why you want to be a Game Master:
Just for fun. I always wanted to be a GM, being in control of other player's actions and behaviors to engage them into a better gaming experience in FMAStory.

"Just for fun" ? doesn't sound like you're serious about wanting to become a Game Master. even though you gave a reason, when you said "being in control of other player's actions" it made me think that you would be a bad Game Master, abusing your powers on other players "just for fun". why do you need to control another player's actions and behaviour to give them a better gaming experience? isn't it best to allow them to do make their own decisions and just help them along the path they take?

AlexNugget wrote:
How you can benefit the server as a Game Master compared to a normal player: There's plenty of things that you can benefit on when it comes to my experience. Sure, I might be annoying and rude at times, but I can really start a conversation that can last for hours. Ask Colin. Also, if you guys tell em to do something, I'll make my attempt to try it, even if I'm walking into foreign lands. Being a normal player in FMAstory gives me competition to be better and more stronger than other players, but being a GM lets me observe other player's progression in game.

how does being able to strike up a long conversation benefit the server? you can easily do that as a regular player. even though it is great that you say you will do something if we tell you to even though you have never tried it yourself, we can also ask regular players to do the same thing and i'm sure others will have the same response. the last part makes it sound like you will be a passive GM, only "observing" other players. is it not better to interact and engage with the players and help them with their progression in-game while still obeying the rules of a Game Master?

AlexNugget wrote:
Extra skills you can provide: Friendly service and hopefully a bit of GFX when I feel like exploring in my Adobe CS6.

when you "feel like exploring" ? wouldn't a good Game Master want to contribute any potential skills they have, and learn any new skills as quickly as they can in order to benefit the server?

AlexNugget wrote:
Any suggestions you have in mind for the server: Ever since I've been playing on this server, I would get constant disconnections when I'm either in a map of crowded mobs, or just buffing myself in the FM. This constantly got annoying and almost led me to the point of quitting this server. Lag is a serious issue for me, but I doubt it for other players, most likely due to my generic internet and computers.

i don't see a suggestion, only problems with the game. what exactly IS your suggestion? to reduce lag? do you have any suggestions to reduce it?

Please wait for responses from other Game Masters so we can reach a uniform decision on this application.
Back to top Go down
xBrandonx
Game Moderator
xBrandonx

PostSubject: RE: Alex's Application of Non-Epic Proportions (Non final draft)   Alex's Application of Non-Epic Proportions (Non final draft) EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 3:27 pm

Basically Steven Said everything that needed to be said. Wanting to become a GameMaster "Just for fun" Doesnt sound good at all. Steven said EVERYTHING about this App.

The App wasnt Serious enough.
i vote to Deny
Back to top Go down
Beam
Game Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Application of Non-Epic Proportions (Non final draft)   Alex's Application of Non-Epic Proportions (Non final draft) EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 8:07 pm

Firstly, thank you for your honesty.

However, the reason "just for fun" isn't really going to convince anyone, be it here or elsewhere.

Please be more serious about the application.

Thanks.
Beam
Back to top Go down
afreckle
Owner
afreckle

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Application of Non-Epic Proportions (Non final draft)   Alex's Application of Non-Epic Proportions (Non final draft) EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 3:46 am

we liked your application, so you're through to the final phase of GM selections.

Onwards to the next stage!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alex's Application of Non-Epic Proportions (Non final draft)   Alex's Application of Non-Epic Proportions (Non final draft) Empty

Back to top Go down

Alex's Application of Non-Epic Proportions (Non final draft)
Page 1 of 1