Fullmetal Alchemist story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the FMAstory Maplestory private server

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mike's GM Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
piratee

Mike's GM Application Empty
PostSubject: Mike's GM Application   Mike's GM Application EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:24 am

Real Name / In Game Name: Mike / pirate

Timezone: UTC/GMT -8 hours Location: USA, California

How can we contact you: I do have a Skype account were you could reach me if needed. Skype Id: Kinged901

Why you want to be a Game Master: Honestly I wanted to become a Game Master since I was small. ( 11 Years Old, I was so young.. ) Back then to me I just wanted the power of a Game Master but now I realized that a Game Master is more than a person with just power, it's someone who could influence the server, help others with any problems players had, someone who's able to communicate with different types of people, a leader. I learned from 2 years ( Pssh.. that's a long time sarcastic) that I just don't want to be a Game Master, I want to be bigger than another regular player I want to be able to be there for other players.

How you can benefit the server as a Game Master compared to a normal player: I think can benefit to the server as a Game Master by one, hosting events. Hosting events is a very simple thing to do but also could be one of the most fun. Not just for the GM but for the players, it bring the competitive side in some people and really makes the server more enjoyable. Two, welcomes. Welcoming a player could be done from not just a GM but a regular player as well, but to me a welcoming from a GM means that the Staff actual cares for the players no matter what they would always accepted new players into their community. This is some of the things that I could benefit to the server as a Game Master.

Extra skills you can provide: I just got Sony Vegas Pro 11 which is a video editing software. I'm not a professional at the program just a newbie at the moment gaining the knowledge of using the tools and skills one step at a time. I know learning these skills won't be a piece of cake or a walk in the park but eventually I plan on creating a promo video for the server that might help gain a few more members.

Prior experience as a Game Master (if any, please provide visible proof) : No I don't have any past experience as a staff member but even without experience as a staff member doesn't mean I'm not capable for the job. I have been playing GMS for about four years so I think I could catch on quite quickly if chosen.

Any suggestions you have in mind for the server:
One suggestion I have is since we have v103 GMS items and v140 KMS items I think we should be able to gain them. This could be achievable by using the IOC system (Item of Chose) as a prize for an event. An Item of Choice is basically what it is if you win an event your are allowed an item of choice. It could be from a equip, weapon, mount, or even a medal. (Usually Game Master equips are restricted so are donator items). All the player needs to know is the items id or name which could be easily found though Bannedstory and though programs like Harepacker. Then GM's just have to do is spawn the item. Also if the player doesn't want to get the IOC right there and then, we could also give them an item such as a Mushroom Cap (Just an example) which could act like an exchange for an IOC so they would be able to get an IOC later. Once they find or choose what they wanted they could contact a Game Master when they would want exchange the Mushroom Cap for an IOC. To insure a safe trade GM's usually warp the player to map 0 for a safe trade. I have seen this system in the past on different servers and has been very successful.

Extra Info:

I'm part Hawaiian, Chinese, Phillipino.

I don't get made easily and I never rage unless you get me really anoyed which rarely happens.

I LOVE anime and manga, mainly Naruto been watching forever.

That's just some random stuff I thought I would tell you guys.
THE END <3 Thanks for reading my app and I know it's kinda a random ending.

Back to top Go down
klimmilk

klimmilk

PostSubject: Re: Mike's GM Application   Mike's GM Application EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:28 am

Quote :
How you can benefit the server as a Game Master compared to a normal player: I think can benefit to the server as a Game Master by one, hosting events. Hosting events is a very simple thing to do but also could be one of the most fun. Not just for the GM but for the players, it bring the competitive side in some people and really makes the server more enjoyable. Two, welcomes. Welcoming a player could be done from not just a GM but a regular player as well, but to me a welcoming from a GM means that the Staff actual cares for the players no matter what they would always accepted new players into their community. This is some of the things that I could benefit to the server as a Game Master.

nice app but a few issues
i think anyone can host an event even a normal member can
and the question was asked Compared to a normal player
Back to top Go down
piratee

PostSubject: Re: Mike's GM Application   Mike's GM Application EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:39 pm

I don't think any regular player could hold an event but I could be wrong. They could start an unofficial player event like a JQ but I really don't know what else they could host . Anyways thanks for your feed back really appreciate it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mike's GM Application   Mike's GM Application Empty

Back to top Go down

Mike's GM Application
Page 1 of 1