Forum for the FMAstory Maplestory private server
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 WolfStire's Application

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alpha2244



Posts : 8
Join date : 2012-07-22

PostSubject: WolfStire's Application   Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:53 am

Name / In Game Name: Marquis / WolfStire

Age: 18

Timezone: GMT -6:00

Why you want to be a Game Master: Well...every time I see hackers I can't do anything about them and it makes me feel somewhat powerless and I don't like that feeling. But if I were a GM then I could just easily ban them(With permission of course) and not have to have that terrible feeling. Also, I like everyone to get along well and every time I see two people fighting I always try to solve the problem and most of the time they blame eachother so what I do is that I make it so they realized both of there mistakes and then they make up. This just brings me joy to see this happen all the time. Helping will always be my most favorite thing to do. Also, I don't like it whenever one player isn't treating another player nicely and what I do is that I always ask the guy whose doing the bullying "Why are you doing this? It's a waste of time." and most of the time they just say "Ok, I'll stop." because what bullying really is...is just trying to have some kind of power over someone in a force manner. Which I really hope that will stop one day.

How you can benefit the server as a Game Master compared to a normal player: When a new player comes on they always want to feel welcomed and the best way to welcome a player is by saying something like "Hello...welcome to FMAStory!! Do you need some help with the commands/features?". That makes the player know that there's a good community and want to stay around for a bit. Also I like to help out people even if I'm busy I will stop what I'm doing and pay full attention to the players (Except for if it's a staff meeting) because the players matter more than the game itself. The community is what makes a good Private Server good because the larger the community then the more players that will invite other people to come and play with them. Also, helping out people and not abusing power is my top priority because I want everyone to feel welcomed here and abusing power isn't a good way of showing that it just draws there attention away and they'll no longer want to play and move onto another Private server. Also, I am on a lot of the time and I'm always up for helping someone whenever possible. I can stay on from when I wake up to whenever I pass out in the late night. Sometimes even without going AFK. I guess you could call me a 24/7 player. This is a good thing because if there are no GMs on and if there's a hacker of some sort then I could notify Steven to come on quickly and sort things out (After jailing them of course). Being the most active player can come into good play.

Extra skills you can provide: Video Editing/Production/Bug Fixer/WZ editor. I simply love to make videos and produce them over the internet especially on Private Server and also I can read errors and easily tell what needs to be fixed such as whenever someone gets the "Win32 cannot read this application." error on Windows Vista I tell them "Put it in Program Files (x86)" and it always works. I got into WZ editing and I give all my thanks to Swag for teaching me the basics the other day (7-22-12). If it wasn't for him then I wouldn't had been able to create my own maps. Today I got into the hardcore stuff such as changing the players movement and such and also changing skill. But I will not use them in this server. Here's my proof of my edited Map.WZ Very Happy
[img][/img]




Prior experience as a Game Master (if any, please provide visible proof) :
None.

Any suggestions you have in mind for the server: Just some WZ edits for skills just to make them look more flashy/cool.

Extra Info:
I play a lot of the time and especially when I'm not in football or any other kinds of sports/activities. Almost all the time.
~WolfStire~


Last edited by Alpha2244 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:04 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xBrandonx
Game Moderator
avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-06-22
Age : 22
Location : NewYork

PostSubject: RE:WolfStire's Application   Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:37 am

Well. i think the app was good overall. well see what Steven Says. GoodLuck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha2244



Posts : 8
Join date : 2012-07-22

PostSubject: Re: WolfStire's Application   Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:45 am

xBrandonx wrote:
Well. i think the app was good overall. well see what Steven Says. GoodLuck

Thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iAnthony



Posts : 11
Join date : 2012-07-01

PostSubject: Re: WolfStire's Application   Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:53 pm

Yew great app , Really good man hope Steven approves

On another note , Maybe you and me have different opinions prolly why I'm not a GM but,
One of those job's as a GM is not only to help the players , But to make sure u get what needs to be done . keep your priorities as well as helping players , if you have something important needed to be done for one of the staff , there's other staff members for a reason , And as for the banning thing , It's not all about banning , we have a jail , don't ban people if there doing something slightly wrong give them a chance to explain there selves i walked in this server with a 100% edited v83 folder which is Not allowed lol.


Eitherway goodjob man

~Anthony
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha2244



Posts : 8
Join date : 2012-07-22

PostSubject: Re: WolfStire's Application   Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:55 pm

iAnthony wrote:
Yew great app , Really good man hope Steven approves

On another note , Maybe you and me have different opinions prolly why I'm not a GM but,
One of those job's as a GM is not only to help the players , But to make sure u get what needs to be done . keep your priorities as well as helping players , if you have something important needed to be done for one of the staff , there's other staff members for a reason , And as for the banning thing , It's not all about banning , we have a jail , don't ban people if there doing something slightly wrong give them a chance to explain there selves i walked in this server with a 100% edited v83 folder which is Not allowed lol.


Eitherway goodjob man

~Anthony

Agreed. Also, thank you Very Happy.


Last edited by Alpha2244 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
awesomeflare



Posts : 1
Join date : 2012-07-22

PostSubject: =) Thnx   Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:54 pm

Wolfstire/Igeyew Helped me fix my game. Hes Really helpful. BTW LOVE The app!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha2244



Posts : 8
Join date : 2012-07-22

PostSubject: Re: WolfStire's Application   Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:55 pm

awesomeflare wrote:
Wolfsire/Igeyew Helped me fix my game. Hes Really helpful. BTW LOVE The app!!!

Thanks Very Happy. Also, your welcome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iAnthony



Posts : 11
Join date : 2012-07-01

PostSubject: Re: WolfStire's Application   Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:57 pm

Yew , From being a 24/7 player what happens one day when you finally crash? you cannot keep running on like that forever and then boom , this whole 24/7 thing will be you sleeping it off a day or two , and it'll turn into a pattern , most of the staff is on about 3+ hrs a day which is all we really ask for 23 hrs a day is going overboard , Don't get me wrong more than 3 hrs would be great Very Happy but what your doing is a little over the top .

Also . As for your wz editing , I'm saying this as a friend, You are able to move the platforms etc etc , but you haven't mastered it yet . And i'm only saying this til u get better your missing the rest of the floor , the ends are off , and you didn't do proper layers so the NPC's are all over the place . I'd be happy to give you more tips , Other than that yew, great app and I hope to see you get the job
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha2244



Posts : 8
Join date : 2012-07-22

PostSubject: Re: WolfStire's Application   Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:11 pm

iAnthony wrote:
Yew , From being a 24/7 player what happens one day when you finally crash? you cannot keep running on like that forever and then boom , this whole 24/7 thing will be you sleeping it off a day or two , and it'll turn into a pattern , most of the staff is on about 3+ hrs a day which is all we really ask for 23 hrs a day is going overboard , Don't get me wrong more than 3 hrs would be great Very Happy but what your doing is a little over the top .

Also . As for your wz editing , I'm saying this as a friend, You are able to move the platforms etc etc , but you haven't mastered it yet . And i'm only saying this til u get better your missing the rest of the floor , the ends are off , and you didn't do proper layers so the NPC's are all over the place . I'd be happy to give you more tips , Other than that yew, great app and I hope to see you get the job

LOL I won't crash bud. Very Happy. This PC can handle it. I haven't turned it off in well...I think 4 months? Even when I was in school and hanging out at the mall and such it was still on. Also I guess I haven't mastered it quiet yet. You should show me more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iAnthony



Posts : 11
Join date : 2012-07-01

PostSubject: Re: WolfStire's Application   Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:23 pm

Alpha2244 wrote:
iAnthony wrote:
Yew , From being a 24/7 player what happens one day when you finally crash? you cannot keep running on like that forever and then boom , this whole 24/7 thing will be you sleeping it off a day or two , and it'll turn into a pattern , most of the staff is on about 3+ hrs a day which is all we really ask for 23 hrs a day is going overboard , Don't get me wrong more than 3 hrs would be great Very Happy but what your doing is a little over the top .

Also . As for your wz editing , I'm saying this as a friend, You are able to move the platforms etc etc , but you haven't mastered it yet . And i'm only saying this til u get better your missing the rest of the floor , the ends are off , and you didn't do proper layers so the NPC's are all over the place . I'd be happy to give you more tips , Other than that yew, great app and I hope to see you get the job

LOL I won't crash bud. Very Happy. This PC can handle it. I haven't turned it off in well...I think 4 months? Even when I was in school and hanging out at the mall and such it was still on. Also I guess I haven't mastered it quiet yet. You should show me more.


I Don't mean your PC I mean you ,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
afreckle
Owner
avatar

Posts : 57
Join date : 2012-06-15

PostSubject: Re: WolfStire's Application   Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:32 pm

Alpha2244 wrote:

Why you want to be a Game Master:it makes me feel somewhat powerless and I don't like that feeling. But if I were a GM then I could just easily ban them(With permission of course) and not have to have that terrible feeling.

maybe not the best choice of words... i get what you're trying to say i guess but when i just read it, it gave me the impression that you want more 'power' just to "not have to have that terrible feeling" instead of gaining power to aid the community instead. also, i think those words give it the appearance that you don't like being powerless, and that you're used to having power over people. maybe i'm looking too deep into the words, but that's just my opinion :/

Alpha2244 wrote:
what I do is that I always ask the guy whose doing the bullying "Why are you doing this? It's a waste of time." and most of the time they just say "Ok, I'll stop."

if it were me in that situation, i would forcibly tell the 'bully' to stop 'bullying' because there are no good side effects whatsoever each time; not just tell the 'bully' that their efforts are "a waste of time". also, what happens if they don't say "Ok, I'll stop." ? o.o

Alpha2244 wrote:
How you can benefit the server as a Game Master compared to a normal player: When a new player comes on they always want to feel welcomed and the best way to welcome a player is by saying something like "Hello...welcome to FMAStory!! Do you need some help with the commands/features?". That makes the player know that there's a good community and want to stay around for a bit. Also I like to help out people even if I'm busy I will stop what I'm doing and pay full attention to the players (Except for if it's a staff meeting) because the players matter more than the game itself. The community is what makes a good Private Server good because the larger the community then the more players that will invite other people to come and play with them. Also, helping out people and not abusing power is my top priority because I want everyone to feel welcomed here and abusing power isn't a good way of showing that it just draws there attention away and they'll no longer want to play and move onto another Private server. Also, I am on a lot of the time and I'm always up for helping someone whenever possible. I can stay on from when I wake up to whenever I pass out in the late night. Sometimes even without going AFK. I guess you could call me a 24/7 player. This is a good thing because if there are no GMs on and if there's a hacker of some sort then I could notify Steven to come on quickly and sort things out (After jailing them of course). Being the most active player can come into good play.

you can do all that stuff as a regular player (besides jailing hackers). the only point you've said on how you can actually benefit the server is how you're online a lot of the time. it definitely helps to have someone on xat or in-game to greet new players and answer questions but, again, you can do that as a normal player. your other 'points' just show that you can abide by the general rules of being a Game Master in-game... which doesn't particularly benefit the server in any specific way

Alpha2244 wrote:
Extra skills you can provide: also I can read errors and easily tell what needs to be fixed

what's your solution for a player who d/ces after putting in their PIN at character selection?
or if a player keeps getting d/ced while in-game and gets some error code like "Error: -219384750038"
or if a player keeps trying to log in but can't because a message keeps popping up at the login screen telling them that their account is still logged in?

Alpha2244 wrote:
Any suggestions you have in mind for the server: Just some WZ edits for skills just to make them look more flashy/cool.

what skills? particular ones from particular classes or all of them? and how can we edit these 'skills' to "make them look more flashy/cool" ?


"Last edited by Alpha2244 on Mon 23 Jul 2012 - 20:04; edited 12 times in total"

hopefully each of those edits were only minor touch-ups and not complete changes in the application... most people have their application judged with like 2 edits max Smile

** i've just criticised points in your application that i thought weren't quite what i was expecting, or needed clarification on. with the parts i haven't said anything about, it means that i didn't find any obvious holes in your explanation or have filed away that point in your application so no need to worry about those bits Smile

while we try and sort the gm quantity problem out, i'll get the opinion of the other staff on this application and will notify you on the outcome we have decided asap Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fmastory.tk
Alpha2244



Posts : 8
Join date : 2012-07-22

PostSubject: Re: WolfStire's Application   Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:57 pm

afreckle wrote:
Alpha2244 wrote:

Why you want to be a Game Master:it makes me feel somewhat powerless and I don't like that feeling. But if I were a GM then I could just easily ban them(With permission of course) and not have to have that terrible feeling.

maybe not the best choice of words... i get what you're trying to say i guess but when i just read it, it gave me the impression that you want more 'power' just to "not have to have that terrible feeling" instead of gaining power to aid the community instead. also, i think those words give it the appearance that you don't like being powerless, and that you're used to having power over people. maybe i'm looking too deep into the words, but that's just my opinion :/

Alpha2244 wrote:
what I do is that I always ask the guy whose doing the bullying "Why are you doing this? It's a waste of time." and most of the time they just say "Ok, I'll stop."

if it were me in that situation, i would forcibly tell the 'bully' to stop 'bullying' because there are no good side effects whatsoever each time; not just tell the 'bully' that their efforts are "a waste of time". also, what happens if they don't say "Ok, I'll stop." ? o.o

Alpha2244 wrote:
How you can benefit the server as a Game Master compared to a normal player: When a new player comes on they always want to feel welcomed and the best way to welcome a player is by saying something like "Hello...welcome to FMAStory!! Do you need some help with the commands/features?". That makes the player know that there's a good community and want to stay around for a bit. Also I like to help out people even if I'm busy I will stop what I'm doing and pay full attention to the players (Except for if it's a staff meeting) because the players matter more than the game itself. The community is what makes a good Private Server good because the larger the community then the more players that will invite other people to come and play with them. Also, helping out people and not abusing power is my top priority because I want everyone to feel welcomed here and abusing power isn't a good way of showing that it just draws there attention away and they'll no longer want to play and move onto another Private server. Also, I am on a lot of the time and I'm always up for helping someone whenever possible. I can stay on from when I wake up to whenever I pass out in the late night. Sometimes even without going AFK. I guess you could call me a 24/7 player. This is a good thing because if there are no GMs on and if there's a hacker of some sort then I could notify Steven to come on quickly and sort things out (After jailing them of course). Being the most active player can come into good play.

you can do all that stuff as a regular player (besides jailing hackers). the only point you've said on how you can actually benefit the server is how you're online a lot of the time. it definitely helps to have someone on xat or in-game to greet new players and answer questions but, again, you can do that as a normal player. your other 'points' just show that you can abide by the general rules of being a Game Master in-game... which doesn't particularly benefit the server in any specific way

Alpha2244 wrote:
Extra skills you can provide: also I can read errors and easily tell what needs to be fixed

what's your solution for a player who d/ces after putting in their PIN at character selection?
or if a player keeps getting d/ced while in-game and gets some error code like "Error: -219384750038"
or if a player keeps trying to log in but can't because a message keeps popping up at the login screen telling them that their account is still logged in?

Alpha2244 wrote:
Any suggestions you have in mind for the server: Just some WZ edits for skills just to make them look more flashy/cool.

what skills? particular ones from particular classes or all of them? and how can we edit these 'skills' to "make them look more flashy/cool" ?


"Last edited by Alpha2244 on Mon 23 Jul 2012 - 20:04; edited 12 times in total"

hopefully each of those edits were only minor touch-ups and not complete changes in the application... most people have their application judged with like 2 edits max Smile

** i've just criticised points in your application that i thought weren't quite what i was expecting, or needed clarification on. with the parts i haven't said anything about, it means that i didn't find any obvious holes in your explanation or have filed away that point in your application so no need to worry about those bits Smile

while we try and sort the gm quantity problem out, i'll get the opinion of the other staff on this application and will notify you on the outcome we have decided asap Razz

Actually, I do want power to also help aid. Like the part wtih the jailing. As for the helping when a player DCes after PIC I tell them to go to Start>Control Panel>Device Manager>Network Adapters>Microsoft Loopback adapter and I tell them to delete them all. For the error -2143 you have to right click on FMAstory.exe and click properties then compatibility and hit Run this in compatibility for: (The checkbox) and select the drop box then select Windows XP Service Pack 2/3 and before you exit click the checkbox that says "Run as administrator". Not only will those help with the -2143 error but they would also prevent bugs in the future. And lastly for the log in error, just go under Control Panel>Network Options(Network Connections on XP)>Right click on Wireless Network Connection then disable it. Wait for it to disable then right click and enable again. This would refresh your IP causing you to disconnect from any service meaning that you had logged out of the game. If this doesn't work IN SOME SORT OF WAY. Restart your computer. Also, I meant to take the last part out with the WZ edits. Meant to take that out sorry about that. As for abiding to the rules, that shows that I won't mess up because as long as I follow the rules then what is there to worry about? Nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha2244



Posts : 8
Join date : 2012-07-22

PostSubject: Re: WolfStire's Application   Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:00 am

iAnthony wrote:
Alpha2244 wrote:
iAnthony wrote:
Yew , From being a 24/7 player what happens one day when you finally crash? you cannot keep running on like that forever and then boom , this whole 24/7 thing will be you sleeping it off a day or two , and it'll turn into a pattern , most of the staff is on about 3+ hrs a day which is all we really ask for 23 hrs a day is going overboard , Don't get me wrong more than 3 hrs would be great Very Happy but what your doing is a little over the top .

Also . As for your wz editing , I'm saying this as a friend, You are able to move the platforms etc etc , but you haven't mastered it yet . And i'm only saying this til u get better your missing the rest of the floor , the ends are off , and you didn't do proper layers so the NPC's are all over the place . I'd be happy to give you more tips , Other than that yew, great app and I hope to see you get the job

LOL I won't crash bud. Very Happy. This PC can handle it. I haven't turned it off in well...I think 4 months? Even when I was in school and hanging out at the mall and such it was still on. Also I guess I haven't mastered it quiet yet. You should show me more.


I Don't mean your PC I mean you ,

It's aight imma sleep and exercise and go places on a reg basis. Also I said I "guess" you can call me a 24/7 player. *Cough* GUESS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Weirdo

avatar

Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-06-22

PostSubject: Re: WolfStire's Application   Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:03 pm

Weirdo's words are in Purple! sunny
[quote="Alpha2244"]Name / In Game Name: Marquis / WolfStire

Age: 18

Timezone: GMT -6:00

Why you want to be a Game Master: Well...every time I see hackers I can't do anything about them and it makes me feel somewhat powerless and I don't like that feeling. But if I were a GM then I could just easily ban them(With permission of course) and not have to have that terrible feeling. Also, I like everyone to get along well and every time I see two people fighting I always try to solve the problem and most of the time they blame eachother so what I do is that I make it so they realized both of there mistakes and then they make up. This just brings me joy to see this happen all the time. Helping will always be my most favorite thing to do. Also, I don't like it whenever one player isn't treating another player nicely and what I do is that I always ask the guy whose doing the bullying "Why are you doing this? It's a waste of time." and most of the time they just say "Ok, I'll stop." because what bullying really is...is just trying to have some kind of power over someone in a force manner. Which I really hope that will stop one day.

You feel powerless, you seem to be good at Screenshot so why don't you screenshot them and post it in Forum because even if they hack for like 5 weeks or so it will still be useless if they get banned.
"I could just easily ban them(With permission of course) and not have to have that terrible feeling." Again there's forum, so you can always report things in there. And if you haven't seen teenagers
now a day, when you say STOP, it wont help and i'm sure you will counter that, and you should watch out who your banning or muting because the server doesn't have a lot of people.


How you can benefit the server as a Game Master compared to a normal player: When a new player comes on they always want to feel welcomed and the best way to welcome a player is by saying something like "Hello...welcome to FMAStory!! Do you need some help with the commands/features?". That makes the player know that there's a good community and want to stay around for a bit. Also I like to help out people even if I'm busy I will stop what I'm doing and pay full attention to the players (Except for if it's a staff meeting) because the players matter more than the game itself. The community is what makes a good Private Server good because the larger the community then the more players that will invite other people to come and play with them. Also, helping out people and not abusing power is my top priority because I want everyone to feel welcomed here and abusing power isn't a good way of showing that it just draws there attention away and they'll no longer want to play and move onto another Private server. Also, I am on a lot of the time and I'm always up for helping someone whenever possible. I can stay on from when I wake up to whenever I pass out in the late night. Sometimes even without going AFK. I guess you could call me a 24/7 player. This is a good thing because if there are no GMs on and if there's a hacker of some sort then I could notify Steven to come on quickly and sort things out (After jailing them of course).

Being the most active player can come into good play. Guess what, I'm doing that too and when i saw you just joining i didn't see that from you until i said it and then you saw my comment then you start doing all the welcoming things And the thing is that you don't even go in game so how do you help them?

Extra skills you can provide: Video Editing/Production/Bug Fixer/WZ editor. I simply love to make videos and produce them over the internet especially on Private Server and also I can read errors and easily tell what needs to be fixed such as whenever someone gets the "Win32 cannot read this application." error on Windows Vista I tell them "Put it in Program Files (x86)" and it always works. I got into WZ editing and I give all my thanks to Swag for teaching me the basics the other day (7-22-12). If it wasn't for him then I wouldn't had been able to create my own maps. Today I got into the hardcore stuff such as changing the players movement and such and also changing skill. But I will not use them in this server. Here's my proof of my edited Map.WZ Very Happy
[img][/img]



Well it looks basic but i think you need more ground and i'm our sever are looking for some pro to make our .Wz. And not to hurt your feelings but with those basic things, i can just learn it by watching youtube.

Weirdo's words are in Purple! sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: WolfStire's Application   

Back to top Go down
 
WolfStire's Application
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Viewing application/x-chess-pgn MIME on Android
» JOB APPLICATION!! Group: Reporter
» JOB APPLICATION!! Group: CB Mod
» MM app store rating
» Dark Knight (Chess application) based on Stockfish

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fullmetal Alchemist story :: Applications :: Game Master-
Jump to: